Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting Ready for Comic Con

I am blessed to be an Exhibitor at Comic Con International in San Diego.  About a dozen years ago I started the Massage Booth with the cooperation of the committee and the board of directors (some of whom were clients).  Since then, The Massage Booth has been a rousing success.  We have 3 dynamite women who, for long hours, do chair massage on tired members, helping them survive the con.  When I injured myself doing massage, that part of my life was over, but I wanted to continue to have massage at the con.  So, I serve as Madam, directing traffic in and out of the booth, and sell a few items on the front table.

This year I am specializing in steampunk items, basic hats, goggles and other eyewear.  Plus the fascinator top hats and doll hats that I knit, felt, and decorate.  I will have dolls for models, showing off the wares.  The two porcelain dolls I recently purchased at my local Goodwill needed costumes to really sell it, so I've been working on steampunk outfits for them.  So here is a preview of one of the outfits, modeled by Janet.




The con is in just over 2 weeks, so it's time to get cracking to finish the first and make the second costume.  Surprisingly, it takes the same amount of work to make it small as it does to make it big.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment